Our Admission Statement
Kyoto International School exists primarily to serve the needs of international families who reside in the Kansai area and have a clear need for an English-based education. Admissions and class placement will be decided by criteria such as available space, by age, the balance of the grade level in question, past student achievement and motivation, language support at home and prospects of learning successfully in the school. Kyoto International School seeks motivated students who will be able to succeed in a challenging and well-rounded program.
The following application documents are required.
For Preschool and Pre-K applicants: Items 1~6
Kindergarten applicants: Items 1~7
For Grade 1 and up: Items 1~9
- Admission Form completed and signed
- One passport-size photo for each applicant
- Photocopy of identification to certify date of birth. (Passport, birth certificate or health insurance card)
- Completed Physician Health Form
- Completed Parental Health Form
- A non-refundable application fee of 20,000 yen for local applicants, 21,500 yen for non-local applicants.
- Teacher Recommendation Form, to be filled out by applicant’s teachers and sent directly.
- Transcript/School Records for the current and past 2 school years.
- Any standardized test results (IOWA, ISA, ERB, etc.)